1988 Toyota GT4 Historic Rally Car £24,950
This is an original Toyota Team Europe (UK) car, built to Group N specification for the UK National Championship with all the trick TTE bits. Having been stored in a barn for 10 years, this very competitive car has been fully rebuilt with no expense spared. The rebuild was carried out by Darrell Staniford at DS Motorsport who worked on ST165 GT4s in period, and included:
- strip to bare (very straight) shell and bodywork restored
- original TTE engine refreshed and dyno'd at 265 bhp
- engine set-up by Group B Motorsport including new Motec as original TTE ECU had a fault and no software was available to repair
- all consumables like brake pads, belts, starter, alternator, battery, clutch, wheel bearings, U/J's, fuel pumps, alloy radiator etc are new
- gearbox, diff, wiring loom, dash, suspension, brake calipers, discs and cylinders, brake bias box, exhaust, servos, etc all refurbished
- all the TTE kelvar guards have been completely rebuilt and are like new
The car is very quick, with even a TTE modified air box. It has original short ratio diffs and rear LSD (only works cars only had them) so handling is brilliant. Even the lamp pod is a lightweight works TTE part and is very rare.Complete with build photos and invoices and an excellent spares package including a second set of works tarmac wheels, 6 gravel wheels and 9 spare rims. Accepted by Slowly Sideways (UK and Germany) and Rally History, and hence eligible for all their events.
Please note that the car was rolled by Graham Middleton and re-shelled before it went to Ireland. DVLA re-issued its original plate and documents when it was registered back in UK, but subsequently stated they wanted it to run on Q plate as it has been re-shelled. So car has two log books (original and replacement), all properly recorded and as such a new owner could apply to DVLA to potentially re-issue the old plate.