1972 FORD ESCORT RALLY SOLD
This striking LHD Escort was built by Belgian rally ace Paul Lietaer for Wilfried Masschelein and Edwin Vitse to use on the 2016 Ypres Historic Rally. The car finished 29th out of 54 starters and has not been used since.
Recently imported to the UK the Escort has a Belgian Technical Passport and an extensive specification, including:
- Excellent all steel shell with steel works style arches and chassis mounted sump guard
- 2.0 Pinto engine with twin Webers, Vernier, alloy sump, alloy radiator and 4 branch exhaust manifold
- 5 speed Quaife Type 9 gearbox with quickshift and alloy bellhousing in big gearbox tunnel
- Bilstein front struts, alloy top mounts, adjustable TCAs, quick rack, World Cup crossmember and vented discs
- Atlas axle with short 4 link kit and panhard rod, slipper springs, Grp 4 turrets with Bilsteins, rear discs and LSD
- Bias pedal box, alloy handbrake, carbon centre dash
- Safety Devices bolt in cage and full safety equipment
- Kumhos on 7×13 Minilites, Hella spots on alloy brackets
Although the car will require some limited re-commissioning and updating it does represent an excellent basis for historic rallying.